Tuesday, February 16, 2010

First Post

Welcome to the new blog!

I have drifted along without blogging for most of 2009 and all of 2010. Hopefully this blog will help me be a bit more consistent in writing down my other thoughts. There are lots of reasons for not having blogged - starting with the distraction of finishing the writing of my thesis in the Spring of 2009 and finishing off with a very distracted Fall and Winter 2009-2010.

But maybe a better place to start is why I actually am blogging. Blogging is a lot like journalling - only more public. The public nature of blogging helps keep me accountable - accountable to myself mostly - to keep recording my thoughts and insights. Journalling is important to help most people, and especially someone with my personality, to keep track of their journeys, to record the things they are learning about themselves, about life and about God. For me it helps keep my focus on moving forward instead of drifting along. It helps keep track of what I'm reading and the interesting things I find online.

Being held accountable doesn't get enough credit. Knowing that even one other person might be reading this help keep me motivated and helps me focus on expressing myself as clearly as possible.

I do have another blog called Hillschurch where I have been blogging since 2006. However I am finding it a bit unwieldy and I feel like a fresh start. I will probably be including some of my older posts from my Hillschurch blog if I have nothing else to say on a particular day. You can also go there to check out other posts I've done.

Happy New Year!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Happy Family Day (in Canada at least)
Happy Chinese New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment